Deciding to take on the mountains in Tijuca:
– You can easily reach the tops of two, but not all the views may be cleared out. (Bring a machete or the like.)
– At one point, you will be rock climbing along a steep angle where the path will suddenly be very narrow. (Find foot holes and grab on to branches. Release your inner Tarzan.)
– The thought of falling off and no one knowing may cross your mind a couple of times. (I would not recommend going alone!) Yet, if you hike on your own you’ll probably see more of the rainforest than with a Jeep Tour.
– You’ll meet rainforest species. (Maybe a monkey if you’re lucky.)
– If you do it the day of your evening flight, you’ll have no problem falling asleep. (Making it the shortest flight of your life.)